This tutorial is all about discussing how to do firmware update on any wireless router. The process of the firmware update is very easy and simple. What do you mean by a firmware update? A firmware update is an update for a program with a set of specified instructions. These coded instructions are updated to fix some errors and enhance the functionality of the wireless router. If you don’t update the wireless router regularly, you will face functionality issues and some other difficulties as well. So make sure you go through the tutorial completely to know how to do firmware update on a wireless router.
Now we will explain you the process of firmware update on a wireless router. We have mentioned the whole process in two different phases to ensure a hassle-free experience. Make sure you follow the instructions carefully in order to know how to do firmware update.
1. Firmware Download
- First of all, you should know the serial number of your wireless router. If you don’t know the serial number, check the wireless label at the bottom of your device. You can find all the information about your wireless router.
- Now go to the official website of the wireless router manufacturer to download the latest version of the firmware for your router.
- Download the latest firmware version and save it on the desktop so that you don’t have to locate the downloaded file again while uploading the firmware to your wireless router.
2. Firmware Update
This phase is about uploading the firmware file to the wireless router and upgrading its firmware version. You will need to upload the firmware file using router web-based interface. After this phase, you will get to know how to do firmware update easily on any router.
- Go to your computer and launch any web browser of your choice.
- In the address bar, enter the default router default address and press Enter key on your keyboard.
- This action will direct you to the router login page where you will be asked to fill the router login credentials into the login fields.
- Enter the router login credentials and you will be taken to the wireless router setup wizard.
- You will see the Admin tab on the left side of the router setup wizard.
- Navigate to the admin page and look for the Wireless Router Upgrade option.
- Now, click on the browse tab and select the firmware file that you downloaded previously.
Now that you have uploaded the firmware file to the wireless router, your router will take some time to update its firmware version. Don’t turn off the router in between the firmware update process. After the firmware is upgraded to the newer version, you will notice enhancements in the performance of the wireless router. So we hope that you got to know how to do firmware update on the wireless router. If you have any issue or query about the process, feel free to call us on our Toll-Free number and we will be more than happy to help you.